Thursday, March 22, 2012

11 Weeks: Leaving Family to be With Family

11 Weeks (Approximately). 11 Weeks till I board a plane. 11 Weeks till I plant my feet on that beautiful African soil. 11 Weeks till I am greeted with hugs and kisses from my babes. 11 Weeks till I walk into my little girls "house" and hold her for hours in my arms till I have no choice but to lay her back down. 11 Weeks till I hear the beautiful voices of street children yell, "Mzungus Mzungus!" (White person!) as they just laugh and laugh. 11 Weeks till I sit in those beautiful, simple, mud huts and listen to a sweet widow share her story. 11 Weeks till I am walking down those dusty dirt roads of my 2nd home.

11 Weeks till I leave my family here and join my family there.

This has been where I'm at on my journey of preparing to leave. The Lord has been preparing my heart to leave my family here, but to join my family in Rwanda. Yes, I have many brothers and sisters waiting for me. Including two sisters who are getting married : ) I have many babes who are waiting oh so anxiously for my arrival. This might be the hardest part of my journey.

There's nothing easy about leaving my family here. I am so close to my family. They are some of my favorite people and they are oh so special to me. I am so very thankful for them. I have grown so close to my younger sister in the past few months. We are always laughing and acting SO silly together. There's nothing easy about leaving her. She tells me all the time she's going to miss me sooo much and she's going to cry so much but she understands why I'm going and she's excited for me. SHE understands why I am going and though it's painful having to be seperated for three months she is excited for me. How Beautiful. She has an iPod which she can text me from and she's alwayssss texting me saying, "Emily, when are you going to be home? Hurry up and come home. I miss you. Please come home soon." We want to spend as much time together as we can. There's nothing easy about leaving Mama and Daddy. Ohhh how I love them. There's nothing easy about leaving Zack and Lacy. Lacy will be in another part of Africa so Addie will have both of her sisters gone this summer... And she's like, "Whyyyy are yall leaving me with ZACK!? Thanks a lot!!" Hahaha She's a trip. There's nothing easy about leaving my family here, but what makes it easier is knowing that I will be joining my family in Rwanda to work together for the Lord. Ohhh how I am excited. The Lord is making so real the verse in the Bible that talkes about your love for Him should be SO much greater than your love for your family that it should really actually look like hate. (Not really, but your love for Christ should not even compare to your love for your family). Luke 14:25-27 While this verse is not the easiest to make real, do we really have a choice?

The Lord is doing an awesome work in Rwanda, and He is calling for me to join Him there. Where is He at work in your life? He's always at work all around us. Will you join Him no matter what the cost?

1 comment: