Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Simple, "I Love You" to us, is Life Changing to them

       Eight days until I board the plane that takes me to my second home. I am so ready to place my feet on that beautfiul African soil.  To breathe in deeply African air.  I can't wait to be greeted by oh so many hugs and kisses from my sweet kiddos.  I'm ready to be far away from America.  Away from the everyday demands of life.  Far away from the temporary wants that are thrown at me continually.  It is when I am away in other countries when I find myself closest to Jesus Christ.  I am not distracted by the things of this world but instead, completely focused on Jesus.  It is in other countries that I see my Father in everyday life.  I see Him as I walk down those dusty dirt roads.  I see Him in the eyes of an orphan that I hold.  I hear Him in the stories that these precious widows share with me.  There is nothing that brings me more joy than holding sweet babes that most people think are worthless.  They see them as dirty disease-ridden children who have no hope.  But when I see these children, I see the most beautiful children who have been wonderfully created by my Father's hands.  I see children who have a hope and a future that lies in the hands of our Maker. 

I get to tell them that they are loved.
I get to tell them that they are beautiful.
I get to tell them that they have hope.
Most importantly, I get to tell them there is somebody so much bigger and greater than I am that loves them and He is the King of Kings.  The Lord of Lords.  The Great I Am. The Maker of the Heavens and the Earth.  The Creator of ALL things.

Oh the smile that lights their faces when they hear they are loved.  The three words they long to hear. Three words that can easily become so repetitive to us, yet to these children, and so many others, it is the three words that can change their life.  For nobody has ever told them.  They feel like they don't belong.  They've been left on the streets to fend for themselves.  They've been thrown in prison only to be fed porridge and maggots and told how worthless they are.  And yet here, it's so easy for someone to cry over a pet dying yet never think twice about the thousands of children who have died today alone.  How can we not be broken over that?

These are children.  They are real people.  They want to be loved just like you.  They want to live life just like you.  But instead, they are dying by the thousands and getting thrown into yet another category of how they died while we're over here living life everyday as if nothing is going on.  Their lives are defined by a number.  A statistic.  They want to know they are worth something.  That somebody out there loves them.  Most importantly, they need to hear that Jesus Christ loves them.

What more do you have to hear before you are moved? 

Romans 10:14-15 "But how can they call on Him to save them unless they believe in Him? And how can they believe in Him if they have never heard about Him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News."

No comments:

Post a Comment